Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Day 2 Part A

Hey guys,

Decided to go ahead and post this morning before I take my walk. Decided today to do a Shakeology drink with milk, water, and a cap of Acai cleanse so I can still keep in consistency with a routine. I decided to do a 1/2 scoop of Shakeology in order to get in some nutrients and calories since I will be drinking 3 more bottles of water for the rest of the day. So far so good. In a few minutes I will be doing a 15-20 walk. For future reference, my stretches pertaining to just walking, will be jumping jacks, stretching my hamstrings, and stretching my thighs.

Something that is bothering me is everyone telling me to go to the doctor. I do plan to go next week if I find a new primary AND i can cover co-pay...but that's a whole other story. My family knows I have hypothyroidism. It happened in college and I got medicated for it. After college, I was out of the regimen of how I was doing things and whatnot. Now, a few years later, I am ready to get my body together, but would appreciate everyone stop telling me to go when they are not going to pay for it. Information wise, thyroid issues can lead to the following (Mayo Clinic Staff, 2017):

  • Fatigue
  • Increased sensitivity to cold
  • Constipation
  • Dry skin
  • Weight gain
  • Puffy face
  • Hoarseness
  • Muscle weakness
  • Elevated blood cholesterol level
  • Muscle aches, tenderness and stiffness
  • Pain, stiffness or swelling in your joints
  • Heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods
  • Thinning hair
  • Slowed heart rate
  • Depression
  • Impaired memory
So yeah, I know I need to go, just stop badgering me. Once I get the meds I'll continue my regimen, but tweak to take out stuff that may interfere with the meds. If anyone has any experiences similar to mine, comment below, send informative links and I'll update in a few hours.


Mayo Clinic Staff. (2017). Symptoms and causes - Hypothyroidism - Mayo Clinic. Retrieved from http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hypothyroidism/symptoms-causes/dxc-20155382

No comments:

Post a Comment